Thursday 13 October 2011

Getting on with it!

This is Engine Chat Chat, it is part of DIY Educate which happens at Core Gallery in Deptford.
http://coregallery.co.uk/diy-educate/

I ve been meaning to blog about it for a while blah blah but anyway here I am now. Having just come back from a DIY Nuts & Bolts talk on 'How to get paid' I am utterly inspired.... I always leave their events feeling joyous. Why? The talk was amazing, truthful, honest, sharing and brutally tragic in places : )  I am inspired, not because I now know how to get rich but from being with 'real'  people ... yes I feel normal when I am there and that is a good feeling.

What stopped me going for a drink with my neighbour after the event? Well the sinking feeling when Glyn asked me  ( as a follow up to the last Chat Chat )  ' So, how's the drawing going?' CLANG!
How can I tell this man - who has put together an exhibition since September - that I ve done approximately 4 drawings since we last met!?
Still, my cupboards are tidy, paperwork up to date.................................I hate myself : (

My current studio situation.......


.....hence the 5 inch drawings.
 Ok. It is not ideal, but it is not an excuse. I ve been working on a small quick scale because I wanted to push through raw ideas fast (?) I have so many ideas.......................
I get much of my inspiration from my direct environment, but I do live in an amazing place.  Living afloat as the antidote to the big bad city

I am playing with collage

and have stopped denying my love of colour, I was worried it was distracting
 but  I am over that now......

As my own therapist , I know the answer.
'Just do it!'

I ve got to stop worrying about creating a masterpiece and get on with it.

So I challenge myself to a drawing a day from this very day......13/10/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment