Friday 16 December 2011

Cornwall for inspiration



Porthmeor Beach, St Ives

Jane Adams was the first gallery owner to take my work after Uni.  We met at Loughborough where we trained and quickly discovered a strong Leo understanding : )

View from the train as I pulled in to Penzance
http://www.janeadamsceramics.co.uk/
Jane runs a beautiful gallery in St Just, she has great taste and it puts her gallery a cut above the rest in the town.  Making her own work and running the gallery aren't enough.... Jane runs a little evening class too....in her kitchen!   - Very Cornish!
There were free drinks across the road that evening, so only half the class
turned up . Not bad considering : )
Margret's Phil the Pheasant 
Chris's Unomi
The range is the perfect drying space
Cozy!
I had to have a go : )

Inspired by Baby & Percy

Jane sold a wire display tree so we made this one as a
 replacement! What a team!

So we went of down the coast road... braving the elements!
We were luck there was a break in the weather.

Coast Road to St Ives

Tate cafe - I had to have a cream tea : )
The exhibition wasn't to my liking, glad I ve got membership so I didn't pay.

A cream tea at the Tate! Yum!

I have nt been to the Leach pottery for many years, it has been refurbished now and  visitors are allowed in to the original studios... really worth a visit.

Drawings at the Leach pottery
Japanese work that reminded me of mine!

See you again soon St Just : )
 





No comments:

Post a Comment