Friday 10 February 2012

Vulnerability and Imperfect Me

I have become a bit of a self help junkie over the last two years. 
I have to say though - they have been the happiest two years of my life (so far). 
As the Taoists say: 

'He who knows others is wise. 
He who knows himself is enlightened'

Sure, I squirm a bit when I tell you this but I know a couple of people in their sixties who are still spoiled, frustrated and unhappy children and that to me is the worst possible out-come.

Anyway, I will share some of those treasures another time. 
What I wanted to pass on was this utterly beautiful talk by Brene Brown



This made me think of this blog.  I love writing it. 
Sometimes, I can't think of anything worse.
Sometimes, I want to scrub it because I didn't keep something going like the Advent drawing.  Bad enough to fail on a personal challenge without making it public!  For me this is the perfect illustration of Brene's point, I have to put myself in that vulnerable position to experience the joy of making a post. 
 When I have posted drawings in the past I have felt creatively satisfied. It is so fulfilling to have an instant showcase for a fresh piece of work. Especially when time to begin and complete something seems a luxury.
What I am taking from this is that to get more creative satisfaction I need to show my soft and wobbly under belly!  Maybe the next stage is to come out from behind the blog....?

No comments:

Post a Comment