Monday 11 June 2012

Quitting the day job


It s been a year since I handed my notice for my job! I just went to visit the degree show and catch up with some dear friends. Of course there's things I miss, people mostly. The technical team are such a fantastic bunch of individuals. 

And the students are so creative, the show was really good this year and much better seeing it with fresh eyes and not through the eyes of a person responsible for putting it together : )


Great things about leaving are the friends I will have for life including holiday home by the sea : )
...and people saying they miss me - nice for my ego!


It s been a great year and I really feel like I am on the right path in life... you know when big moves mostly feel exciting and only a little bit scary. 

My classes are going well, I am already looking in to ways to expand. I have started doing my own work again and also trying new things, printmaking, origami and wood carving.


The best things about working for yourself are being in charge of your own holidays and hours and not having a boss. The worst thing about being my own boss is discovering what a bossy boss I am!!


.....oh and missing the tea breaks and Fun Friday with  Louisa http://www.louisataylorceramics.com/

If you are feeling stuck and dont know how to start changing your life try this website, this woman has really really helped and inspired me to not waste my life being scared Christine Kane 

What's the worst that can happen?!? ; ) x

No comments:

Post a Comment