Monday 20 August 2012

V22 Communal Ceramics Studio: Stage 2

I am settling in to the new space, it is amazing to have so much room and so much potential!

Somethings are going very well, I have a new permanent member Katie and a few other people join us temporarily to work on projects.

The lunches are gorgeous at PLV22 the cafe, run by Power Lunches 
in Hackney and it s all healthy and so reasonably priced.
View from the roof terrace of V22 Bermondsey

I am trying hard to keep some balance through this project. 
This means proper lunch breaks and also provision for my own practice.

My lovely new beach hut studio.

It feels so good to have a proper space to work and think in : )

All the gear from the farm needs a good sort out.... I am working on it!

I have been working on several community projects this summer so progress is
slow but I will be full time in this space from September so it will have my full focus.
We have lots of good stuff penciled in. We are going to run more weekend courses. 
Naturally there will be ceramics and pottery but also we will have 
Pewter Jewelry and Mosaic making in the first term.
Katie's space.

The kiln area is the bit that is giving me nightmares!

The electrics has doubled as a job from when we started...
I wont bore you with the details but as
 you can imagine  it s draining the bank!
 But we will get there ; )

Lovely Melissa popped in to decorate a few prezzies she had made,
it felt good to have company.

One of the main attractions for me with this space was the 'group feel' ...
I am craving a creative hub like our Uni days .

The cafe is nice for chilling and it has wifi.

Did I mention the lunches?

to be continued.......


No comments:

Post a Comment